Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Weekend Fun and Thoughts

Last weekend, we finally drove up to Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe is only about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from us, and I had been wanting to see it since I've heard so much about Tahoe. The drive was beautiful, and the lake is awesome! We only went up for the afternoon, but we had a nice time walking around the town and on the beach. As Joshua always has grading or something related to teaching to do on the weekends, I enjoyed the trip even more because it meant that he was giving up time to take me to Tahoe. We will be going back, hopefully for a longer period of time, but now I can say I've been to Lake Tahoe.

Oh, Janice came over on Friday night, and we all had a good time, even with spending part of the evening looking for a missing wallet, which turned out to be in our car all the long!

If you ever get a chance to listen to sermons by Tommy Nelson (pastor at Denton Bible Church in Texas), take it. We had some series given to us in June, and I've been listening to them as I get a chance. He has a series on church history that is very in depth and thought provoking. Right now, I'm listening to his series on Ecclesiastes. The sermon today reminded me that God is sovereign in everything, and although His purpose may not be made known to you, there is a reason. That is always encouraging.

3 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Yeah, and lest anyone question the original color of my hair, it was not MY wallet that we were looking for half the night. The perks of said search was a guided tour of Joshua's school, getting to meet the school's Ukranian janitor lady who is so nice (and speaks Romanian), and of course, getting to play with Harrison. :-)

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

Hey Janice,

There is actually a Romanian lady who cleans Joshua's school as well. He found out where she was from last night.

Anonymous said...

Ok guys- WE WANT PICTURES, NOT BELLY ITCHERS! ;) lol.. sorry, couldn't resist.