Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I know it is the day after, but thanksgiving should be a part of our life everyday. Joshua and I are at his parents, and yesterday his siblings, their spouses, and their children were all here for Thanksgiving, and we all had a good time.

I am so thankful for my husband and for the Lord bringing us together. God has provided so much for us, and I know He will continue to watch over us. I am thankful for both of our families and for the fellowship we have when we are together. I am thankful for our church family in California and our close friends in Virginia and California. I am thankful for how the Lord led us to this day, and looking back, it is amazing how He has worked. I am thankful for all of the blessings the Lord has given us, and as our pastor reminded us on Sunday, gratitude should be the attitude of Christians every day for everything, from our wonderful salvation to the spiritual blessings to the Word of God to the fellowship of believers to spiritual and physical provisions.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! We are thankful for you and remember you often!

7 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

I'm thankful that you guys are close enough for us to see each other often! Speaking of which, interested in doing something Saturday for dinner or something? I'm thinking Mexican, si?

I'm coming to church again Sunday (and this time I will not be late).

Janice Phillips said...

Oh, moderate my comments already! ;-)

Janice Phillips said...

Oooo! I could do this all day! LOL!

But I won't.

Hey, go see my pics from Thanksgiving on my blog.

Kbye.

CABeachBlonde said...

Ditto! :D

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

Well, Janice, not everyone can be checking their email during the work day!

Janice Phillips said...

Hey, one must have a break from editing HTML, fixing databases, invoicing clients who owe us large amounts of money, and answering the phone! Did you notice the time on my comments? And I didn't think you were actually going to POST all those?! Sheesh. ;-)

See you at the dance, he he he.

Janice Phillips said...

ha ha ha, bet you can't post pics of last weekend before me! :-p