Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Injustice

Joshua experienced injustice today at his school. We both knew that it was coming, so he was prepared to expect the worse, and the worse happened. Romans 8:28 is an amazing promise, but it is so easy to not trust the Lord completely. It is also so easy to want justice done, and I know that justice will be done, but maybe not until Heaven. Anyway, my fleshly reaction is give the offending individual a piece of my mind if I ever come in contact with that individual, especially since the individual claims to be a Christian and should know better. I want that individual to know that the actions were wrong, and that Christians do not act in that manner. However, I know I won't have the chance, and I shouldn't be vengeful, even if just in words.

As I was thinking about the situation, I was reminded about Joseph. He was sold as slave by his family and put in prison unjustly! God had a reason for all of it, and it wasn't until years later that Joseph understood the purpose. We know God has a reason for everything, and it may be that we will see that reason soon or years from now. The Lord works in our lives to grow us as Christians, and He is completely in control. So, Joshua and I are trusting the Lord.

No comments: