Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Remembering Carla Pipes Wolf...

On Wednesday, I learned that I had lost a dear godly Christian friend to her fight with cancer. Carla and I worked together for a little over a year at Loudcloud and we remained good friends even when I moved to Virginia and Carla took a position with Intuit.

Carla had such a wonderful, up-beat personality...a magnetism that drew people to her like a light draws moths out of the darkness. She touched everyone and everything around her and life for those who came in contact with Carla will never be the same again. Carla's love for the Lord was evident in everything she did and said. Even when she was diagnosed originally with breast cancer, she was praising the Lord!

I had the privilege of introducing Carrie to Carla shortly after we got engaged and Carla accepted and loved Carrie immediately. Even while going through chemotherapy, Carla and Crystal (her daughter) came out to Virginia to our wedding in June 2004. It was shocking yet not surprising to see Carla in the crowd at church and I was thrilled to see her at the reception.

Carla was such a strong believer and follower of Jesus Christ our Lord and risen Savior. What a wonderful gift to those she left behind to know that she is rejoicing with our Lord in her glorified body! You know she is with our Lord singing in the heavenly choir!

Carla, you were loved and will be missed greatly by all who's lives you touched...especially me! Your memory will never die and neither will the impact you made on my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember her - she was the most beautiful lady inside and out. We had a wonderful time with her at your reception, and she just made you smile with your whole being! I pray that God will give much peace and comfort to her precious family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh and Carrie,

I just happened to type my mom's name in on the internet and your blog came up in the search result. The kind words you mentioned about my mama really touched me, and I am always amazed at how many lives she touched. I just wanted to thank you both for your kind words and being such dear friends to her.

With love,

Crystal Matthews