Saturday, April 14, 2007

Resurrection Sunday...

What a blessing Resurrection Sunday was for us here in sunny California! We pray that you received the same blessing wherever you were on Resurrection Sunday. Sunday morning, my parents, grandma and my brother Karsten and his family joined Carrie and myself at our church. I was part of a mixed vocal group that sang a selection of arrangements which I was blessed to be a part of and hopefully blessed those in the audience.

We were able to witness several individuals get baptized which was a tremendous blessing. KJ and Noah, my two nephews, did really well during the service even though the service was longer than what they were expecting it to be. The message was great as usual!

Everyone then came over to our home in Elk Grove for an early dinner. Janice and two of her friends from Davis joined the family as well. It was an amazing time of reflection, conversation and fellowship. Karsten and Kim stayed for a long time allowing us to enjoy our nephews. They are both so cute and Karsten and Kim will have to be on the guard with them.

Anyway, hope you all had a blessed Resurrection Sunday!

Joshua

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did have a blessed Resurrection Day!

I was confused on Monday when I kept getting asked (by secular folks): "Did you have a nice Easter?" What does that mean?

Just what exactly are non-Christians celebrating? I'm sure it's not the resurrection of the crucified Christ.