Monday, January 23, 2006

Prayer requested...

As most know, I am a 7th grade Life Science teacher at a middle school in the greater Sacramento area. The scope of this prayer request is somewhat wide. First of all, next month, I begin teaching through the Family Life unit. Pray for guidance on what to say, how to say it, and carefulness as I teach through it. With that being said, please pray for my affect and testimony with the students. Carrie and I really feel like I have been under spiritual attack this year from parents, students, etc. My heart is for reaching the students, affecting their lives, getting them to think through their life perspective....oh, and learn to love science like I do. :)

Lastly, please pray for the Lord's leading concerning my job. I really don't get a strong reading one way or another from my principal. Pray for guidance! I am very strong in my subject field although I have very high standards which I expect my students to adhere to or rise to.

HOUSE HUNTING...

Today, I went with our realtor again to look at a variety of homes. Four were definite NO's while one is a slight maybe (leaning in the direction of no). The house that we put the first offer on is looking really good right now. LOL We are waiting on the Lord for the perfect home for us (not a perfect home rather the perfect home for us). The Lord continues to lead us withersoever He desires...He has given us our new church, River City Grace and a new body of believers to fellowship with which we are eternally grateful. We are excited about moving closer to church in order to fellowship and assist in any way possible.

2 comments:

Amy K said...

Josh - The California public school system needs you!! So hang in there. Being a teacher (who takes his job seriously, unlike others) is a very hard and oftentimes unappreciated job. Thanks for making a difference in the lives of kids! Keep looking UP.

And although it will be trying to teach Family Life, it's a good thing you're doing it and not someone else!

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

Thanks for the encouragement and could really use the prayer! I feel like I am under daily spiritual attack.