Saturday, January 06, 2007

Beauty of God's creation...

This last week, I went down to Pismo Beach, CA for a team meeting. I had a great time with the team and am extremely thankful that God has placed me at Lilly and with the team that I am on. The waves crashing on the cliffs and the pounding surf were truly relaxing.

On the drive back up Highway 101, I was amazed at the beauty of nature that God has provided us. While driving by vineyards and fields growing lettuce, strawberries, artichoke, etc. I was continually amazed and the awesome granduer of His work. While driving, I was able to speak with Carrie's Grandma Ottis who is 91 years old and lives in Fargo, ND. Carrie's grandparents were North Dakota farmers and so it was very interesting to tell her what I was driving by and it amazed her that fields were still producing in January.

Then, I went through the garlic fields of Gilroy, crossed over the foothills and into the Central Valley where Carrie and I live. It is very interesting seeing the change in topography and yet, how God has manifested His greatness and grace through it all.

Wherever you are in the world, take a moment to absorb the natural beauty of the world the Lord has given us!

2 comments:

David said...

Thanks for the great reminder!

Amy K said...

Yes, that is a beautiful drive. And I always love the unique experience provided by Gilroy. :)

The pics of the house are lovely - you guys have done a good job!